Objectives of the Authority
The objectives of the Authority are to promote, encourage and assist in the development of commercially viable and efficient ports in Tonga to which Ports Authority Act 1998 applies.
Functions of the Authority
The functions of the Authority are to establish, improve, maintain, operate and manage ports, services and facilities in connection with the operation of any port, including, but not limited to:
- The management and maintenance of adequate and efficient ports, facilities, Services and security in ports;
- The provision of any goods or the performance of any services necessary to give effect to the objectives of the Authority;
- The regulation of navigation and maintenance of navigation aids with ports;
- The marketing and promotion of the use, improvement and development of ports; and
- The coordination of all operations within ports.